I write this as I sit at my desk looking forward to the last day of Learning 2020 Online. We’ve been overwhelmed by the global response our community has had to this year’s event, gathering people from not only all 50 states across the U.S., but from over 80 additional countries all around the world.
One of the most interesting thing to watch this wee has been the growing Learning 2020 Map that people have been pinning their locations to. It truly shows the global scope of our community.
I always end the events we host at the Learning Guild with the same call to action that includes this sentence:
What happens while we’re together at this conference isn’t as important as what we do when we leave
I say this because what we learn at the conference isn’t as important as what we do with what we learn as we return to work. That’s where the true value lies, in any learning experience.
As we return to work and begin to apply what we’ve learned at Learning 2020, I wanted to share some of the resources you have available to continue connecting with the community and support your application of skills in the days, weeks, and months to come.
Learning 2020 Continues!
Your registration to Learning 2020 includes access to all session recordings through December 31, 2020. To access a recording, simply go to the session description within the schedule (just as you did to access live sessions), and the recording will begin to play. NOTE: Recordings are posted within 24 hours of the session being broadcast.
In addition, we had dozens of additional sessions that we were looking forward to hosting at Learning 2020 in Orlando that we just didn’t have space to host during the online event. We’ve invited those speakers to share their sessions via recordings and plan on making them available on-demand on the Learning Guild website in the weeks and months to come.
Take Advantage of Your FREE Learning Guild Membership
Your registration to Learning 2020 included a free membership with the Learning Guild, which provides an abundance of resources to support your professional development throughout the year, including:
- Monthly Guild Research Research Reports
- Session recordings from conferences and online events
- eBooks and monthly publications
- Articles on Learning Solutions
- Exclusive member discounts on conferences and online events
Join the Global Learning Leaders Alliance
We announced the new Global Learning Leaders Alliance – launching in January – at Learning 2020. The Alliance provides community, connections, and learning to develop all levels of learning leadership. Membership in the alliance includes a host of exclusive benefits, including:
- Regular online gatherings of the community, including monthly Alliance Meetings to drive collaborative initiatives with guest speakers providing leadership-focused sessions, as well as LeaderChat, a monthly informal discussion where members have the opportunity to “pick-the-brain” of an industry guru selected by Alliance members.
- Access to all Online Learning Leaders Forums, which consist of two days of sessions and conversations covering the most critical topics to today’s leaders.
- Access to all In-Person Learning Leaders Forums around the globe when registering for the main hosting conference.
- An Online Conference subscription from The Learning Guild, which includes free access to at least six two-day online events each year.
- Exclusive discounts to face-to-face conferences
As a reminder, we’re offering exclusive discounts to Learning 2020 attendees on becoming a Charter Member of the Global Learning Leaders Alliance through November 30, 2020. Be sure to check out all the details and take advantage of this exclusive pre-launch pricing.
Make Plans for Learning 2021
Last but not least, plans are already underway for Learning 2021, which we look forward to hosting November 7-10 at the Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando, Florida. We’re encouraged by the latest news of vaccine development and anticipate being able to gather in person next year. Registration is actually already open if you’d like to plan to join us.
We’re very much looking forward to gathering with you in person, and are prepared to support the safety of our attendees based on whatever the then-current guidance happens to recommend. At the same time, we’ll be prepared to pivot to online alternatives should it be required.
One way or another, Learning 2021 will be here to support the needs of this community, and I think you for being a part of it.
David Kelly, Executive Director, The Learning Guild